Affiliate marketing is one of the secret tools in the e-commerce industry that need to be utilized to the advantage of marketers.
In a time such as now where e-commerce sales are growing significantly, affiliate marketing remains a strategy that is present for ecommerce businesses to market products. Such strategies remain cost efficient within business models as affiliates are only paid by performance and results of their efforts.
So what exactly is affiliate marketing, as described by Pat Flynn’s Smart Passive Income: “Affiliate marketing is the process of earning a commission by promoting other people’s (or company’s) products. You find a product you like, promote it to others and earn a piece of the profit for each sale that you make”
An affiliate is also sometimes referred to as a publisher. Most often affiliates can range from single individuals to entire companies. It is also recorded that affiliate marketing can produce a few hundred dollars in commissions to also millions of dollars.
As a digital marketing agency, we are here to help you put together a checklist to help you master your affiliate marketing game and here it is;
- Ensure you communicate effectively with your affiliates: Affiliates can range from influencers on social media platforms, Websites that distribute coupons, publishers and bloggers. It is key that you communicate to these affiliates the entire description of a product in the form of program descriptions, terms and conditions, logos, branding and to maintain the essence of the brand as a whole.
- Promotions: It is just as important to keep track of trends and patterns, which are in line with popularity of each product. You should understand at which particular time your products demand is higher and focus on this within your marketing campaign. In addition, it is just as important to capture the audience with your promotional message and make sure your affiliates follow your concept of creativity. Highlight offers such as free shipping and make sure your affiliates boost these promotions in order to capture the attention of buyers. It all depends on what you provide to your affiliates in the form of discount codes and attractive landing pages.
- Make sure your affiliates are LOYAL: It gets competitive within the affiliate market, make sure you reward your affiliates for their performance by providing them with coupons exclusively for them or offer unique codes that they can suggest to their audience. Provided the affiliate performs well you can even increase commission rates it all depends on each individual affiliate.
- Make a great landing page: Make sure the content on your landing pages effectively engages your audience through captivating images, text ads and banners. To improve conversion rates, make navigation through your website easy for customers to find their products. Ensure there is no lag or long waiting time on your website due to an increase on traffic. It is also important to make sure your landing pages are very mobile friendly and provide the optimal shopping experience on the website in order to increase sales and conversion rates.
- Test Pixel: Make sure you test your pixel tracking in order to ensure all orders are tracked effectively. This will there track all orders and conversions in real time.
In conclusion, in order to follow a successful affiliate marketing strategy and to generate effective leads sales and conversions follow the checklist above, if you still find it hard to follow, do not worry, that is what we are here for. Often regarded as the best digital marketing agency in the UAE, by our clients, we specialize in affiliate marketing and are here to help you with any doubts. Contact us now.