One of the challenges a UX designer face is creating a design that thoroughly meets the dire need of a consumer. Honestly, since there are no templates in producing a web page that satisfies all businesses, UX designers are faced with justifying new strategies and approaches to the consumer’s needs. The UXer hence works in line with the desire of his customer on how the web structure and interface should look like. The burden on UX designers gets even intense since there are more about the general feeling a consumer exhibits regarding the product’s outcome. Whether you choose to study User Experience Design courses or read books and blogs, the focus remains to structurally design solutions to users’ pain points anywhere in their journey with a product.
A UX designer thinks about how the experience makes the customers feel and how easy it is to accomplish their desired task. This ensures that users do not get stuck in the process of interacting with a product or find themselves lost in their attempt to use a product. Hence, to attract a high conversion rate, UX designers must discover possible ways to adjust the web page to customers’ priority and focus more on the practical application of User experience design.
As a passionate designer interested in maximizing user experience into an end product, you must continue to find new ways of getting customers’ expectations met. Designers have to search for new strategies and not bank on the outdated existing ones. However, UX designers fall into traps in discharging their duties and trying to satisfy customers’ desires. In this article, I lay down five traps designers should be cautious about.
5 Classic UX traps and how to avoid them?
- Dealing with vague product requirements. One of the UX traps that designer face is product requirements that are clearly without a mission statement or an accurate picture of what the websites of out to achieve. This often brings a designer to carry out a wrong solution or even abandon them. A situation like this always arises from an amateur entrepreneur who fails to communicate the behaviours and needs of his customer into consideration while handling the project to the web developers. In a situation like this, the designer needs to get a note to write down precise questions about their customer’s needs. As the expert, ask about the major drives of customers’ interest as regard products and services. An understanding of this will help you to provide the right solution for the web page that rightly suits the customer’s desires. Again, an overview of the business’s future goals will benefit you in creating a better design for the business.
- UX designers are usually entangled in guiding customers’ forms. Forms are created on business websites to collect information about the customer’s wants, interests, queries, and complaints. However, many online users have no basic knowledge of how to navigate around filling the forms. In a situation where the form seems tedious, it may discourage existing and potential clients. Designers are often trapped in this situation. Thus, the design can prevent it by creating user-friendly forms, which help collect the correct information and complaints even from a layperson.
- UX experts can be trapped in the complication of testing a project when there are insufficient money and time. Project testing is one of the first challenges designers face due to its obligatory nature to ensure credibility and satisfaction before the websites are fully launched for usability. Hence, designers can avoid this by conducting testing from familiar persons that can take customers’ requirements, like families, friends, associates, and anyone that can fit in.
- Designers waste time on irrelevant detail when dealing with clients. In the process of getting gracious with a client over a project, designers can be easily carried away into a discussion that is primarily subjective to the good of the project under scrutiny. This nullifies the prospect of improving the usability of the website. This is a trap UX professionals must avoid by any means necessary. Instead of giving too much attention to frivolity, the professional can prevent this by paying attention to details relevant to the project.
- User experience designers are constantly confronted with the difficulty of following web design trends. Trends come by when a professional rapidly change the out view. Different business nature usually makes it difficult for experts to apply specific trends for inclined business design. A robust design process may not necessarily be suitable for the prospect of another business. If you follow a design pattern, be sure to select elements that will only provide you with the result you’d desire.
Just like every other business and professional, UX experts are faced with challenges in discharging their duties with business owners. As a professional UX designer, most of the challenges faced can be appropriately reviewed and strategically avoided. By doing this, you can enable the user to enjoy browsing and shopping on your websites efficiently.
Looking for a reliable web design and development company in Dubai? Get in touch now:
+971 54 347 1504